jhalfs HLFS Paco patch

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Thu Mar 16 23:05:02 PST 2006

George Boudreau wrote:

> Tor Olav Stava wrote:
>
>> The preliminary version of my Paco patch for jhahlfs seems to be
>> ready. IMHO it's a mess, but it works.
>> Any improvements will be appreciated.
>>
>> I've run it once with HLFS-Glibc, and it looks to be ok.
>> It's based on jhalfs-svn (2344)
>>
>   humm.. it seems you have done your work against the trunk and not
> the experimental branch. There is a world of change in the
> experimental branch.. have a look. The experimental branch tries to be
> modular.
>   I will see how it looks like in the trunk ..

I've checked out the experimental version, and it looks a lot better :)
I'm a couple days set back, but at least I've learned a lot, so I'll
make it work in the modular approach. Hopefully it will even look
cleaner, than my first attempt.

Just for reference: What's gonna happen to the trunk? I'm wondering if I
should complete the patch for the LFS part, or abandon the trunk
altogether..
And why's there no reference to the experimental version on the ALFS
homepage? I mistakenly thought experimental and development version to
be the same :(

I'll be back in a day or two with the first (modular) patch ;)

Tor Olav