jhalfs wishlist and questions

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Mon Mar 13 11:01:12 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:

>El Lunes, 13 de Marzo de 2006 11:44, Tor Olav Stava escribió:
>

>>I managed to modify the jhablfs
>>script to download version 6.1 of the BLFS book, and it seems to parse
>>the commands quite successfully. The only thing I noticed is that all
>>the dependencies is missing in the final Makefile.
>>

>Yes, the dependencies are collected using an special XML attribute found only
>in current BLFS SVN. Previous BLFS versions aren't supported.

That's no problem. I prefer using the SVN version, I was just worried
the patches for GCC-4.x would bail out when I'm using GCC-3.4.5, but
according to Dan that's nothing to worry about. ;)

>>Basically what I wish, is to set a SOURCE dir in the .conf file, have
>>jhalfs copy packages from there, and only download is the package don't
>>exist.
>>

>We will see what could be done.

Thanks.

>>Would be easy to make it work
>>for jhalfs, but I haven't tested. The big problem is jhablfs where I
>>could need some help.
>>

>In jhablfs the download code is generated by dump-blfs-scripts.xsl.
>
>As a quick fix, change this code in dump-blfs-scripts.xsl

<SNIP>

>Then set SERVER to the full path to the root dir of your local repository.
>I. e.,
>
>jhablfs -S /path/to_the/repository {other BLFS options}

Ok. I'll try that first thing tomorrow, don't have time for more
computer right now :(
Thanks, I'll report as soon as I've got a chance to test it..

Tor Olav