jhalfs wishlist and questions

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 13 07:19:34 PST 2006

Tor Olav Stava wrote:
> First of all, thanks for a wonderful timesaver :)
>

> Basically what I wish, is to set a SOURCE dir in the .conf file, have
> jhalfs copy packages from there, and only download is the package don't
> exist.

   The following is a cheap/inexpensive hack, and not a sanctioned
method, that "should" work with lfs/hlfs and/or blfs.  It "may" work
with clfs if you stay with the same architecture as the host. (enough
caveats to cover my buttocks I think)

   Start with an empty sources dir and execute the following

   mount --bind $SOURCE $BUILDDIR/sources

   (Remember, this connection is not persistent between boots and if you
delete any files they are removed from your SOURCE directory.)

   I will see what can be done to accommodate your request within the
various jhalfs branches.

   George