jhalfs-X status

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 10 13:01:39 PST 2006

Manuel,
   LFS/HLFS/CLFS scripts are back in running order. Internally the
CLFS/HLFS scripts still use my bash/xsl combination to produce an output
and are pretty crude. (will I live long enough to learn xsl..who knows)

   LFS script has been updated to accept udev-update as a valid book.

   We need to look at how to run ICA testing with a single makefile.
Current thoughts:
  1. I use an ugly trick with CLFS when building a partition using the
'boot' format instead of the chroot jail. I do a 2 stage build by
exiting the makefile at the end of the temptools phase and then
restarting after the reboot.

  2. A cleaner method may be calling the makefile with a switch,
temptools/phase1 .. chroot/bootmin/phase2.

  3. Separate makefiles for the 2 stages.

   grb