jhalfs experimental and ICA

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 9 11:27:16 PST 2006

El Jueves, 9 de Marzo de 2006 20:07, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> To address this situation, you could create a timestamp at the end of
> the iteration.  Then when doing the prep for the next iteration, add
> an additional step that checks that the timestamp of each of the to be
> copied files is newer than that timestamp.  This would probably be
> useful for debugging of individual package build systems, as well.

For libraries and binaries that could work. For files that aren't created in
the make phase but copied from the source tree, maybe not.

For ICE purporses, I'm thinking on some headers or data files that could be
installed in raw mode with the timestamp that have in the sources instead the
current time, but not installed on the next iteration. That is a very remote
posibility, but you never can be sure ;-)

A time-based find on a fresh build could show if there is actualy some file of
that type. If some is found, maybe a touch on that files could to solve the
issue.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia