jhalfs experimental and ICA

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:07:23 PST 2006

On 3/9/06, M.Canales.es <manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> El Jueves, 9 de Marzo de 2006 19:49, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
> > The binaries are installed one on top of the other in the / system.
>
> Then, you can catch if some new files are installed by sucesive iteritions,
> but don't can know if some file installed by a previous iteration isn't
> installed by a newest one, true?

True.  I hadn't really thought about that.  I assumed that any
building would actually produce newer files and overwrite the old
ones.  I honestly don't think this situation happens often, but I
can't be certain about it.

To address this situation, you could create a timestamp at the end of
the iteration.  Then when doing the prep for the next iteration, add
an additional step that checks that the timestamp of each of the to be
copied files is newer than that timestamp.  This would probably be
useful for debugging of individual package build systems, as well.

I'll shove something like this into my scripts and see what happens.
If you see problems with the described solution, let me know.

--
Dan