jhalfs experimental and ICA

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 9 10:10:30 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 9 de Marzo de 2006 17:01, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
>> In that case, I think it's best if ITERATIONS=x and RUN_ICA=x are
>> separate.
>
> I agree. $ITERATIONS could control how many times chapter06 is rebuild, and
> $RUN_ICA control if the ICA/farce specific stuff should be run or not.
>
> Now, I have a dude, in part due that I don't know yet how work ICA/farce. When
> rebuilding chapter6 for personal purposes, the packages are installed op-top
> of the previous ones and not using the binaries on /tools at all. All files
> are overwritten by the new compiled ones.

    ITERATIONS=1-99  &  RUN_ICA=0/1  fit nicely into a config file.
   The design issue is calling a single makefile which builds all
chapters in sequence PLUS you have the fun introduced by CLFS with
building in a chroot jail or a minimal boot situation.
   jhalfs-X/ICA will have to do housekeeping between runs, archiving the
current root build and calling the makefile.