bashscripts

George Makrydakis gmakmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:39:55 PST 2006

Thank you very much. My original idea was to have everything bash - based (XML from the entire LFS book can be parsed by an out of the box in about 1.30 min in
a working prototype i have for now left aside since we all want a binary based approach). Any work on the bash methods is useful because in the end, whatever
"parsing" method you use for extracting critical data, what you will end up to is a nice bash script for building everything.

My working desktop  / server is based entirely on LFS know how for its core, but it is rpmized, and well, many GB worth of space in the HDD... Since i do get
carried away from the official books when for production use.

I think that Jeremy will be glad to have your support / ideas / concepts in this collective effort.

George Makrydakis

gmak

NOTE: eventually the same know how could be ported to build something like Solaris from Scratch (sfs)? Who knows...