Thank you for making it meaningless...

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 7 08:20:11 PST 2006

George Makrydakis wrote:
>     No misunderstandings please...  This is what I was working on:
>     The only bug to fix has to do with DTD (minor one but it crashes it...)
>     Working together means that I must do marathon running?
>     Geez..., do not mix premature constructive criticism with the need
> to not be
>     releasing buggy stuff..
>     The code below works if you take out DTD elements out of any xml
> file that is VALID.
>     Handles the <,> and >,< pairs correctly no matter how weird the
> syntax is...
>
>     IT IS BUGGY BUT IT IS UNINFORMED, and most of all *SMALL*
>     Thank you for making my trouble worth nothing, you could not wait a
> couple of days more, could you...

Whoa. Wait a sec. This was not my intention at all - and I certainly
didn't mean to cause *any* sort of friction between us whatsoever. :(

Please understand, previously we had a developer who, though he would
use the repository, discussed almost nothing with anyone else concerning
the code, and consequently no one else could easily follow what he was
doing. I am simply anxious not to repeat that.

Though I don't think you were intending to do the same thing - I'd be
much more comfortable if everyone was able to see/view/comment on the
code from the beginning - even at its very earliest stages.

George, I am very sorry if my words offended you, they were not meant to
in the least.

As far as releasing buggy stuff - that isn't my intention either. This
is all still POC code under development, and won't be recommended to be
used until it is shown to provide solid results on all the books in
question. I just want to make sure the development happens publicly.

--
JH