jhalfs development

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 19:34:42 PST 2006

On 3/6/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>    If folks want ICA added and Greg has no problem (with appropriate
> links and acknowledgments included in the code) then it could be added
> to the specs.

OK.  I shot off an email to Greg.  My guess is that he won't have a
problem with acknowledgement given.

For a little preview, here's a shell script that includes the prep
commands used by Greg in his gsbuild
(http://www.diy-linux.org/downloads/contrib/greg_schafer/gsbuild/)
scripts.  The diffing commands are very simple, too.  I'll post them
later.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/ica.sh

Another option is to use Ken Moffat's farce tool to do the prep.  He
also has the diffing included in farce.  farce goes a bit further than
Greg's ICA functions.  I like to use both in case one misses
something, but it's probably overkill.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/farce-002.tar.bz2

I haven't said anything about controlling and looping the actual LFS
build.  I found this to be a little tricky.  This would be the most
important part that would have to be decided in any of the ALFS
implementations.

--
Dan