jhalfs development

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 6 11:18:14 PST 2006

Hi!

After a few weeks of pause I want to re-start the jhalfs development. A few
small issues in the LFS code need be fixed, plus we need to improve the
support for {C,H,B}LFS.

My idea is to create a branch where to do a sources rewrite to make it
modularized, based on a preliminary work from George Boudreau, but placing
each function on a separate file and with a sources layout like this :

TOP-LEVEL/
    master.sh
    build-lfs  --> link to master.sh
    build-clfs --> link to master.sh
    build-hlfs --> link to master.sh
    build-blfs --> link to master.sh
    COMMON/
        config
        function1.sh
        function2.sh
        common.xsl
    LFS/
        config
        master.sh
        function1.sh
        function2.sh
        lfs.xsl
    BLFS/
        config
        master.sh
        function1.sh
        function2.sh
        blfs.xsl
    CLFS/
        config
        master.sh
        function1.sh
        function2.sh
        clfs.xsl
    HLFS/
        config
        master.sh
        function1.sh
        function2.sh
        hlfs.xsl

What do you think?

George, have you an updated version of the jhalfs-experimental POC or can we
start that work based on the one send to me the day 14/02?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia