[RFC] The Future of the ALFS project

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 2 10:43:50 PST 2006

George Makrydakis wrote:
> Yes, time factor allowing. I would not like to move your attention from
> what you are doing right now though, for it would be extremely counter -
> productive. For a series of reasons I think that C++ is the right way to
> go (C tends to be an extremely "write - only" language), especially if

This *is* what I was doing. :) I was trying to write the parser in C and
it was moving extremely slowly. I'm glad I did what I have, though, as
it's taught me quite a bit.

I've started converting my parser.c file to C++ and so far, wow, C++ is
way easier to work with. Especially when manipulating strings. I'll be
committing what I have so far shortly and then work at getting the rest
of it converted. Any suggestions, ideas, whatever you have are most welcome.

--
JH