[RFC] The Future of the ALFS project

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 1 10:15:26 PST 2006

George Makrydakis wrote:
> 5. It seems only right to follow the DIY method in here too: talking
> much about a project is not the same as moving the project forward. I
> will just start to code things for myself in C++ from a clean start;
> anything else but conceptual work would prove an obstacle more than a
> helping hand.

Hold up there, bud. :) If you start coding anything in C++, I would very
much like to be a part of it. If you want, you can even forward me
patches and I'll add them into the ALFS repository, at least until such
time as Thomas sees fit to give you access.

I had already been thinking of trying to convert the C code I already
have into C++ because of its ease of manipulating strings. Can we do
that or would it be advisable to start from scratch? In any case, as I
hope is obvious from my work so far, I'm deeply interested in alfs and
I'd very much like to be a part of any coding done.

Are you willing to work with me on this?

--
JH