Expensive fuser in progress_bar.sh

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 28 10:53:31 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Lunes, 26 de Junio de 2006 15:35, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
>> Attached is one solution that is working on my box (so far).  The
>> whole system is noticeably less sluggish while building.  `top' looks
>> normal again.
>
> That have a big bug: if the build of some target fails (or you press
> Control-C), progress-bar.sh will loop for ever in the background.

  I found this tidbit of info but have not played with it yet. To
implement this method would require some recoding and testing. It this
works maybe we could add it to the experimental release.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-programming-scripting/20405-error-handling-gnu-make-sic-yes-its-possible.html