My concept of LFS installer

Carlos Eduardo de Brito Novaes carlosnov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 06:06:09 PDT 2006

	Hi!
	I have an plan to an sort of alfs tool too.
	My goal is to write a plugin enabled system in c++ that will build the
packages according to user needs. So..
A plugin for parse a build file like a .spec or ebuild maybe in xml extracted
from the book,  another plugin to download sources and patches, another to
solve dependencies and propose changes to fit user needs,  another for
packaging... and so on. Maybe one to configure installed software (this one
would be great)
	This way, i need to define a common interface for each task, but the
internals can be changed inside the plugins.

	By now, I am working on a xml enabled layer to read and save data. A sort of
object2xml model. I already tried to reinvent the weel and write a simple xml
parser, but by now I think that using libxml or libxml2 can be better.

	This kind of work is a grreat challange, so I wish you good luck. If you came
out with some good working code, people will be like to join and help you I
think.

Carlos Eduardo
--
Fortune finishes the great quotations, #17

	"This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath,
	May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet."
	Juliet, this bud's for you.