jhalfs & CLFS

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 23 20:02:29 PDT 2006

Manuel,
   It looks like another bug has appeared due to a change in the CLFS
book. They added a chapter call 'Choose' which may have been in response
to our questions a few months ago concerning 'what processor' can build
'what book'. I remember we never received a solid answer and let dropped
the question. This is how they answer that question in the book.

   I was trying a x86_64 Mulitlib build using chroot and the build
failed on that chapter. I also tried a build using the boot method and
had the same results. The 'choose script' is at the end of the temptools
build and is common to both build methods. I put a small conditional
which will skip the 'choose script' when the 'boot method' is chosen.

   If the current build makes it through the building of the boot system
tonight I will submit the changes otherwise it will be tomorrow morning.

   George