binutils-pass1 doesn't get build

Michiel Faber fabermichiel at planet.nl
Wed Jun 21 04:58:19 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am following this list for several months now and finally started a
jhalfs build today. I wanted to see if the readme and config files are
clear to me, seeing the recent discussion.

I downloaded the jhalfs tarbal, unpacked it, and changed letter size to
A4, changed the LANG variable and set /mnt/lfs as build dir.

than i did: ./lfs -G

changed dir to /mnt/lfs/jhalfs

and did: sudo make

My problem is that the script never gets beyond 028-binutils-pass1
In the log file of 028-binutils-pass1 i find this:

Wed Jun 21 13:46:08 CEST 2006

KB: 180860	/mnt/lfs

The version of jhalfs i have is:

lfs at ubuntu-mifa:~/jhalfs$ ./lfs -V

   "jhalfs" builder tool (development) $Rev: 2798 $
$Date: 2006-06-20 23:14:44 +0200 (di, 20 jun 2006) $

               "lfs" script module

Normally binutils-pass1 takes 5 minutes. Now i quit the process after 20
minutes.

I can see in /mnt/lfs/sources that the binutils tarbal is unpacked, but
there is now binutils-build dir. And the tools dir is also empty.

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot,

Michiel