jhalfs use for LFS-6.2

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 14:53:39 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> In fact, in general it would be nice if all the variables in
> common/config noted what their equivalents were from the command line.
   There is a pretty good definition of the command line switches in the
built-in help.  ./lfs --help

   Unfortunately I am too close to the code and don't see the
ambiguities in the help file or the README. ( I am working on it)

   I introduced the usage of config files to reduce the command line
typing and allow the user to hard code some variables. ie. SRC_ARCHIVE
is meant to point to your local repository (the big disk with all the
tarballs you have been collecting over the years :-) ) That is a
set-and-forget variable. -G can be set to "1" since downloading is
necessary to populate up the $BUILDDIR/sources directory. A value of "0"
allows jhalfs to create all the necessary files and you can explore
jhalfs to your hearts content without having to download a few hundred
meg of files.