jhalfs use for LFS-6.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 13:47:22 PDT 2006

On 6/20/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>    The included README makes perfect sense to me but the questions that
> show up on the list say otherwise. I will see what I can come up with.

The README looks pretty clear.  A couple things are confusing in common/config.

GETPKG=0 by default.  Is there anyway to build without fetching the
source packages?  Possibly the note should say "If you already have
the source..." if that's what you intended.

RUNMAKE=0 by default with the note to "Run the makefile at the end".
At the end of what?  Is this the makefile that builds the system?

Wait, now I think I understand when looking at the README again.  You
expect that the user will add -G and/or -M at the command line.  Maybe
the notes for both above variables should add info that these are
typically set at run-time by the -G and -M switches.

In fact, in general it would be nice if all the variables in
common/config noted what their equivalents were from the command line.

I'll let you know anything else when I actually start running it.

--
Dan