jhalfs use for LFS-6.2

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 12:58:27 PDT 2006

El Martes, 20 de Junio de 2006 21:01, Dan Nicholson escribió:
> Hi guys,
>
> The time is very near for testing LFS-6.2.

I hope ...

> * What's the current state of development in terms of use with LFS?
> As I recall, this path is pretty well smoothed out.  Would it be
> possible to make a release or a snapshot that can be used for testing
> LFS?

For LFS the tool is very stable, for HLFS is as stable as the book itself, for
CLFS we need testers :-/

I would to do a jhalfs-1.0-pre1 release at the same time than the
LFS-6.2-testing branch will be created.

> * Would it be possible to write up a short procedure for the
> uninitiated?  If the docs in the tarball are up to date and you feel
> they are good, then that would be sufficient.  I just don't want
> people to get bogged down learning the tools.  I'm sure you feel the
> same way.

Well, I'm very bad writing long documentation texts, and almost no free time
the next 4-5 weeks due work issues (except maybe on weekends), thus I left
that to George.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia