jhalfs use for LFS-6.2

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 12:34:42 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The time is very near for testing LFS-6.2.  I think it would be a
> major win if testers can use jhalfs to build the systems consistently,
> generate build logs and run ICA diffs (for the ambitious).
>
> So, I have a couple questions:
>
> * What's the current state of development in terms of use with LFS?
> As I recall, this path is pretty well smoothed out.  Would it be
> possible to make a release or a snapshot that can be used for testing
> LFS?
   jhalfs with the LFS svn is stable. I cannot speak for the ICA/Farce
tools status as I was not involved with their implemetation.
   It would be up to Manuel to authorize an official release of the
project. Is there a problem with using a svn version for testing. (I
will keep the tweaking to a minimum.)

> * Would it be possible to write up a short procedure for the
> uninitiated?  If the docs in the tarball are up to date and you feel
> they are good, then that would be sufficient.  I just don't want
> people to get bogged down learning the tools.  I'm sure you feel the
> same way.
   The included README makes perfect sense to me but the questions that
show up on the list say otherwise. I will see what I can come up with.