BLFS experimental code

David Mascall lfs at mascall.net
Sun Jun 18 06:02:31 PDT 2006

Hi

Starting playing with the blfs code in experimental

It ran packages.sh ok and created a packages file, but when I then run
blfs-parser.sh it errors, complaining that it cant find the external entity

=====
        Using gnome-core as the target package.

        No dependencies level has been defined.
        Assuming level 2 (Required plus Recommended).

        Generating gnome-core dependencies tree ...warning: failed to
load external entity
"..//home/david/lfs/svn/BLFSSVN/BOOK/gnome/core/config.xml"
unable to parse ..//home/david/lfs/svn/BLFSSVN/BOOK/gnome/core/config.xml
=====

even though the file exists at /home/david/lfs......

Why is the absolute location from the packages file being prefixed with
../ ?

Does the script need to be run from a certain location relative to my
copy of the svn for the BLFS book ?

Or am I missing something obvious :-)

Thanks

DaveM