jhalfs & progress_bar

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 8 13:58:23 PDT 2006

El Jueves, 8 de Junio de 2006 22:56, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>
>    I an running the latest jhalfs on a LFS build and hand included the
> progress_bar code I sent you. So far it handles ctrl-C, make errors and
> normal target completions with no problems. The rotating graphic does
> keep you amused if you are having a slow day.. :-)

I have ready to commit now your last version with an small change to can keep
the cursor hidden in all targets, restoring it via makefile-functions.

At least in my test, on some cases the cursor is un-hidded due that

[[ -f ${TARGET} ]] && echo -n "${CURSOR_ON}" && exit

is executed after the next target has been started.

There is also an issue when a separate target is called. See this, for
example:

root at sandbox:/mnt/build_dir/jhalfs# make 086-diffutils

 Building target 086-diffutils
 [++++++++++++++-root at sandbox:/mnt/build_dir/jhalfs#          ] 0 min. 14 sec.

I can't find a way to fix that, but isn't a show-stopper, IMHO, and the bug is
already present in older versions.

>    I will tackle <make restart> next and then get back to the
> jhalfs-BLFS   (promise)

Thanks :-)

I hope to can start working on the dump-commands XSL this weekend.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia