$JHALFSDIR is not used everywehre

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 1 11:37:16 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Domingo, 28 de Mayo de 2006 01:59, Gerard Beekmans escribió:
>> The lfs-command scripts for chapter 6 assume /jhalfs exists. These
>> should probably be changed to $JHALFSDIR instead, seeing the config
>> files allow you to change this.
>
> Actually  $JHALFSDIR is a full path from / on the host. That variable can't be
> used inside the chroot for obvious reasons ;-)
>
> But you are right, jhalfs/ could be replaced by an envar, at least for proper
> coding style police (if a string is used in several places, try to assign a
> variable to it to avoid to have to edit all occurrences if the string need be
> changed in the future).
>
> George, have you time to take care of that?

   I need some clarification. Do you want the directory name "jhalfs" to
be referenced through a variable:

  define in common/config
    SCRIPT_ROOT=jhalfs
    JHALFSDIR=$BUILDDIR/$SCRIPT_ROOT

AND THEN modify all references to the directory jhalfs, replace with the
variable SCRIPT_ROOT?

example:
echo -e "\nKB: \`du -skx --exclude=jhalfs \`\n" >>logs/$this_script
echo -e "\nKB: \`du -skx --exclude=${SCRIPT_ROOT} \`\n" >>logs/$this_script