error script in jalfs in livecd

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 1 06:36:53 PDT 2006

sacarde wrote:
> Alle 19:57, mercoledì 31 maggio 2006, George Boudreau ha scritto:
>
> I start clean
>> ./lfs --help
>> mkdir /mnt/build_dir
>> mount /dev/hda11 /mnt/build_dir
>> cd jhalfs
>> export SRC_ARCHIVE=/lfs-sources
>> ./lfs -B dev* -G -M
>
> it works OK
>
> but I have message
>
> coreutils-5.96-i18n-1.patch not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or on any
> server..SKIPPING
> coreutils-5.96-suppress_uptime_kill_su-1.patch not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or
> on any server..SKIPPING
> coreutils-5.96-uname-1.patch not found in the SRC_ARCHIVE or on any
> server..SKIPPING

   yes.. it takes some time for new patches to appear on all the
servers. I just tried a download and received those patches. Try again.
If you have further problems could you include the revision number of
your jhalfs script i.e.  ./lfs --version  | grep "Rev:"

   NOTE: You have set /lfs-sources as the location of your archive;
however, you cannot save newly downloaded files to the CD. Every time
you rebuild LFS you will download any files newer than those in the
archive. (coreutils-5.96 was newer than the version on the disk) If you
have the space you can copy the live-cd archive to your disk and set
SRC_ARCHIVE to that location.

   export SRC_ARCHIVE=<new_archive_location>

   Any files jhalfs downloads will be stored there and future builds
will look in the archive first before going to the 'net.