jhalfs TODO list

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 31 10:33:16 PST 2006

El Lunes, 30 de Enero de 2006 22:51, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>   I had a quick read of the todo list, all the points you brought up are
> achievable goals. I am not so sure about package management, that is as
> personal as religion and politics; folks get cranky when you try and
> convert them..

I don't agree with the idea of hard-coding some particular package management
into jhalfs, but that is a feature that could be requested by the users at
any time.

Then, I was thinking to add a note to the README in the line of "I you want
support for a specific package management approach, please feel free to write
and maintain a patch adding that support and send it to us."

>   I will put work on clfs on hold until the internal specs of a
> 'modules' and what is to be placed in the common script is defined

The master script could be a wrapper to invoke the modules. Actually the
common code may be some functions and configuration options. The idea is to
use a unique command name instead to have a different one for each book.

> FYI
>    In my clfs script this is the meat of the loop I use to build the
> temptools phase. The wrt_xxxx function calls contain the common 'make
> cmds' that are written to $MKFILE.tmp. In the end there should be 9
> loops/phases.

That wrt_xxxx functions could be a good idea if they could be reused for
several modules ;-)

Well, backing to the LFS indentation now that I have again some spare time..

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia