jhalfs TODO list

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 30 13:51:24 PST 2006

Manuel,
  I had a quick read of the todo list, all the points you brought up are
achievable goals. I am not so sure about package management, that is as
personal as religion and politics; folks get cranky when you try and
convert them..

  I will put work on clfs on hold until the internal specs of a
'modules' and what is to be placed in the common script is defined

FYI
   In my clfs script this is the meat of the loop I use to build the
temptools phase. The wrt_xxxx function calls contain the common 'make
cmds' that are written to $MKFILE.tmp. In the end there should be 9
loops/phases.

.
.
.    #--------------------------------------------------------------------#
#         >>>>>>>> START BUILDING A Makefile ENTRY <<<<<<<<          #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------#
#
# Drop in the name of the target on a new line, and the previous target
# as a dependency. Also call the echo_message function.
echo -e "\n$this_script:  $PREV\n\t@\$(call echo_message, Building)" >>
$MKFILE.tmp
#
# If $vrs isn't empty, we've got a package...
if [ "$vrs" != "" ] ; then
   wrt_unpack_package "$name-$vrs.tar"
   # wrt_unpack2_package "$name-$vrs.tar"
   # wrt_unpack3_package "$name-$vrs.tar"
fi
#
   wrt_run_script_as_lfs     "${this_script}" "${file}"
  #wrt_run_script_as_root    "${this_script}" "${file}"
  #wrt_run_script_as_chroot1 "${this_script}" "${file}"
#
if [ "$vrs" != "" ] ; then
   wrt_remove_build_dirs "${name}"
fi
#
# Include a touch of the target name so make can be tested.
echo -e '\t at touch $@' >> $MKFILE.tmp
#
#--------------------------------------------------------------------#
#              >>>>>>>> END OF Makefile ENTRY <<<<<<<<               #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------#
#
# Keep the script file name for Makefile dependencies.
PREV=$this_script
.
.
.

  FYI.. This is how I currently wrap a clfs code extraction. All the
fluff around the code is just that, fluff that can be removed with no
damage.

#!/bin/bash
set -e

#####################################
     NAME=097-binutils
     PACKAGE=binutils
     VERSION=2.16.1
     PKG_URL=( http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.16.1.tar.bz2 )
     PATCHES=(
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/binutils/binutils-2.16.1-posix-1.patch
)
#####################################

cd $PKGDIR
mkdir ../binutils-build
cd ../binutils-build
../binutils-2.16.1/configure --prefix=/usr \
     --enable-shared
make configure-host
make tooldir=/usr
make tooldir=/usr install
cp ../binutils-2.16.1/include/libiberty.h /usr/include