Source filename hardcoded in the script

Robertus Ario Jatmiko creatorem at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 14 19:07:04 PST 2006

> Packages names are very stables (except for the
> version string). The current
> jhalfs code to find the actual package name could
> work for years.

How about if new packages (with unconventional names)
added in the book?

> URLs are more volatile values, a today "official"
> download URL may not work
> tomorrow due domain or relative path changes. See as
> an example the reports
> to the BLFS lists about not working download URLs.

Uh, yes I can see this URL issues happening :). But,
what I really meant was to provide the actual package
filename.

currently in the LFS book we have this:
 Autoconf (2.59) - 908 kilobytes (KB):
 http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/

wouldn't it be better to state what the real filename
for autoconf?
 Autoconf (2.59) - 908 kilobytes (KB):
(autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2)
 http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/