Source filename hardcoded in the script

Robertus Ario Jatmiko creatorem at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 13 20:06:06 PST 2006

Hi,

"Since jhalfs extracts its commands to run directly
from the LFS book, there are no profiles to edit or
maintain." -- quoted from ALFS page

I assume that the goal of jhalfs is to implement ALFS
that work on all versions of the book (not profile
based like nALFS). Which is very good :)

However, I see that jhalfs (version 0.2) used
hardcoded code to find some package names such as tcl
and vim. This is (for me) not acceptable, since
package names could change sometime in the future.

      VRS=`echo $i | sed -e 's/.* //' -e 's/"//g'`
      if [ "$PKG" = "tcl" ] ; then
        FILE="$PKG$VRS-src.tar.bz2"
      elif [ "$PKG" = "vim-lang" ] ; then
        PKG="vim"
        FILE="vim-$VRS-lang.tar.bz2"
      elif [ "$PKG" = "udev-config" ] ; then
        PKG="udev"
        FILE="$VRS"
      else
        FILE="$

It is indeed hard to find a solution (code) that can
generate a correct package name. My suggestion is that
LFS book should provide the actual package file names
(along with the URLs). I just realised that LFS have
not done this (I always downloaded the tarred
sources).

Hope this helps,
ario

  I like Salmonfish .