jhalfs suggestion

George Boudreau GeorgeB at Linux.ca
Fri Jan 13 14:40:43 PST 2006

  Just to add my $.02 to the pot here is another idea.. just an opinion

-------------------
source jhalfs.conf

           # I dislike variables that magically appear when
set -u  # you use them, typos can kill a lot of time... so force
           # clean programming.. "unbound variable" error msg if not declared

# If the var BOOK contains something then, maybe, it points
# to a working doc.. set WC=1, else 'null'
WC=${BOOK:+1}
.
.
.
# If BOOK is not defined or empty then use the svn version of the doc.
BOOK=${BOOK:=lfs-$LFSVRS}

  Note.. the definition of WC just after sourcing the config file
eliminates the need to
have the variable declared in the config file.. A side effect of this
method is BOOK can be declared in the config file but left empty..
similar to FSTAB and CONFIG.

  George