New ALFS todo list

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Jan 13 08:55:18 PST 2006

Alan Lord wrote:

> I have also used JHALFS and found this to work very well for what it
> does: build-the-book! With this very straightforward product, all I
> would really want extra is to be able to pause the process, after it
> downloaded the book, and get it to load (or I could add it in if there
> was a documented format for both syntax and hierarchy) my personal stuff
> like extra apps, BLFS components etc., then continue on it's merry way!

I too have used jhalfs to build the basic book.  However I have a set of
scripts to build blfs packages.  The only thing I need to do is combine
those scripts.  However, I don't see the need to do this as a single
operation.  I would always want to check out the lfs build before
progressing to the blfs applications.

I'll also note that porting a fresh blfs build to another system of
identical hardware works very nicely with a simble tar.  If the
architecure is the same, but the harware is different, the only thing
that needs to change is the kernel/drivers.

  -- Bruce