jhalfs suggestion

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Jan 12 13:49:33 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 12 de Enero de 2006 07:24, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>

>>If the jhalfs.conf file has BOOK defined, it does not set WC.  Perhaps
>>the it should be set in jhalfs.conf if BOOK is set there:
>>
>>if [ -n $BOOK ] ; then WC=1; fi
>>
>>or more compactly (and less obviously):
>>
>>[ $BOOK ] && WC=1
>

> At first glace I think that that don't will work due that $BOOK never can be
> empty, It must be the name of the directory where the book sources will be
> downloaded/updated (in this case $WC in not declared), or a full path to a
> local working copy (in this case $WC is declared with any value, 1 by
> default).

BOOK will be empty right after the source statement if BOOK is not
defined in the conf file.

#!/bin/sh

#
# Load the configuration file
#
source jhalfs.conf

===>  Insert here  [ -n $BOOK ] && WC=1

version="
jhalfs development \$Date: 2006-01-09 21:58:23 -0600 (Mon, 09 Jan 2006) $
Written by Jeremy Huntwork and Manuel Canales Esparcia.

This program is published under the \
Gnu General Public License, Version 2.
"

Of course it will always be defined toward the end of the script and
before a call to get_book() where:

if [ -z $BOOK ] ; then
  BOOK=lfs-$LFSVRS
fi