it boots!

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Wed Jan 4 02:41:29 PST 2006

> Care to share what you modified to get it that small?

Absolutely. In the end it's pretty simple, mainly use -Os for
compilation, disable national language system (--disable-nls), remove
time zones, and strip binaries aggressively.

I was also hoping to be able to install the final gcc shtuff into
/gcc/... instead of /usr/... so I could easily create a gcc-less image
and rsync the gcc install on top when needed, but I got too confused by
all the cross-compile paths and couldn't get it to work.

I'm now porting the profile changes to 6.1.1-1 (from 6.1-1, tell me this
is not confusing numbering) and will post the diff when that works
satisfactorily.

Thorsten