r2286 - alfs-POC/src

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 1 09:27:53 PST 2006

jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: jhuntwork
> Date: 2006-02-01 09:46:14 -0700 (Wed, 01 Feb 2006)
> New Revision: 2286
>
> Added:
>    alfs-POC/src/parser.c
> Modified:
>    alfs-POC/src/Makefile
> Log:
> Added initial code for a parser

I don't know if any of you saw this commit to alfs-log. This is
basically a parser I've been working on in my spare time. I mentioned
this before on this list.

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfs-discuss/2005-November/007393.html

Originally, my intention was to finish it for use with jhalfs, but
perhaps it fits better with the alfs-POC. Hopefully, continuing from
here I'll be able to bring the alfs-POC code somewhere.

Jamie did you get anywhere recently? I thought I remembered you saying
you were going to start some coding.

Anyway, to any and all C gurus/wannabe gurus that are reading this list,
please, I'd welcome some feedback and comments on the code I have so
far. Also, one of the next things I want to do (need, really) is to
start parsing the entities and including them in the strings. I was
thinking of some sort of dynamic structs, but I've never done anything
of the kind before and I'm not sure how to go about it. Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
JH