POC parser

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 10 15:06:24 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 09:14:00PM +0200, George Makrydakis wrote:
> As has been speed in an over half a year POC code elsewhere in this list by
> yours truly.

A little clarification here is probably in order. (I had written another
whole email earlier but it seems Belgarath ate it, so I'll just make
this brief.)

I started working again on this parser out of boredom and curiosity. And
a short time after I started this thread, I met up with George M on
freenode coincidentally. After a bit of a chat we agreed to try to work
together in finishing the code he started such a long while ago. He has
put a great deal of study and time in it thus far, which I did not fully
realize until recently, and he hopes to have something worth showing
publically in a few weeks.

My posting of this thread was not an attempt to stir up competition or
to undermine George's work (as he stated, much of the core of this work
he has posted in stages to this list previously). The work he's doing
will have a broader scope than just LFS/ALFS and will be a project in
its own right. In any case, as I hope to work a bit more closely with
George, it doesn't seem likely that my own POC code will progress much
further.

I'm writing all of this because, for various reasons, I think that
George hasn't been received as well on this list as he could have been
and subsequently his work hasn't either. I don't want it to appear as if
I have been taking advantage of his many ideas and technical prowess
for my own personal glory.

--
JH