POC parser

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 10 04:52:17 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 08:58:58AM +0200, Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> Just in case you didn't noticed it,there is a problem with the
> <replaceable> tags,it parses them as a new line,see glibc/groff
> in chapter06.

Yeah, I saw that. The reason it does that is becuase it chops up the
lines whenever it reaches an XML tag, so it can parse the tag. So
something like this:

<tag1>some text here<tag2>more text</tag2>even more text</tag1>

It will first 'find' the <tag1> and decide if it needs to do anything
about it. Then it chops off that section and sends the line through the
parser again:

some text here<tag2>more text</tag2>even more text</tag1>

It does that until it gets through the line, then advances to the next
line. For most commands, this isn't an issue, because we're not often
putting other XML tags inside the <screen><userinput> tag pairs. So
after you remove those tags, you have line by line the command you want
and it's just spit out 'as is'.

> Other than that,it is ridiculously faster...less than a second
> comparable with the 13 seconds of xsltproc.
> Impressive.

Yeah that's my favorite part :)

> Have a good Sunday,

You too.