jhalfs clfs/hlfs build status

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 5 15:47:49 PST 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Martes, 5 de Diciembre de 2006 17:59, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    I have a clfs-embedded (clfs3) build running now. I will check CLFS &
>> CLFS2 later today.

     CLFS-sysroot compiles without intervention.

> CLFS-svn support is broken for sure, I think.

     Yes it is, I will tackle it later this week.

>>    I don't know what to do with that book. There are 2 different build
>> methods, the 2.4 branch and the normal trunk. I have done some work but
>> it is not fit to commit yet. I will tackle this book later, hopefully
>> next week.
>
> At first glance to add support for 2.4 branch inside current HLFS code don't
> looks very hard. I will see at that after releasing 2.1.
>
> What I would know for 2.1 is if the SVN HLFS book can be builded or is still
> broken.

   Running jhalfs against the HLFS svn trunk (glibc selected) fails
during the build of the 'embryo-toolchain' (error included below) I
guess we should mark HLFS trunk and branch as a no-go for the next
while. I will continue to keep an eye on things and let you know if
there are any changes.

bin/bash ./libtool --mode=link
/mnt/LINUX/sources/embryo-build/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/mnt/LINUX/
/mnt/LINUX/sources/embryo-build/./prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/mnt/LINUX/sources/embryo-build/./prev-gcc/
./libtool: line 4281: /mnt/LINUX/sources/embryo-build/./prev-gcc/xgcc:
No such file or direct
make[1]: *** [ld-new-new] Error 127

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/LINUX/sources/embryo-build/tools-ld