new makefile.

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 29 14:17:39 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 8/29/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> >
>> > This definitely happens for binaries created before the final gcc. Do
>> > you see it on all the binaries, even after gcc has been installed?
>>    .. I cannot say  100% of binaries are this way but way too many are.
>
> For instance, /bin/ls from coreutils should not reference the gcc in
> /tools in any way. What do you see there?
   I have a CLFS2 build running at the moment and unfortunately I don't
have the old LFS binaries kicking around.
   I had run readelf -a against a binary (don't remember which one)and
saw no references to /tools/... but a grep of the file returned a few.
   If someone has 'unstripped' binaries _not_ built with jhalfs they
would be the best place to start.