new makefile.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:47:14 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> (Who knew ICA was so useful)

Another person sees the light! It's a steep slope to climb to get set
up, but it's a kick ass debugging tool for building software.

>    Problems still remain as I see references to
> /tools/lib/gcc.....(debug symbols) inside the executables. I am trying
> to find out if these artifacts also exist in the original code (1.0).
> This may be normal as I did not see any comments in the lists..

This definitely happens for binaries created before the final gcc. Do
you see it on all the binaries, even after gcc has been installed?
Alas, I've been doing the ICA runs the same way as Greg, which is to
strip off all the debugging symbols before comparison. After stripping
the debugging symbols, they should be identical.

--
Dan