new makefile.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 29 11:49:35 PDT 2006

El Martes, 29 de Agosto de 2006 15:44, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>
>    The new makefile scheme will be delayed for a while. After I ran the
> ICA tests last night I found the shell path, /tools/bin/sh, was hard
> coded into many scripts. (This is not right)

For LFS, that sha-bang is used in 062-creatingdirs and  063-createfiles. Both
must be run from inside the chroot and there is no /bin/{bash,sh} until after
063-createfiles run.

What is the issue you found due using /tools/bin/sh on that two scripts?

>    Problems still remain as I see references to
> /tools/lib/gcc.....(debug symbols) inside the executables. I am trying
> to find out if these artifacts also exist in the original code (1.0).
> This may be normal as I did not see any comments in the lists..

If that /tools/lib/gcc..... aren't found in a 1.0 run (it should not be here,
i think) then maybe the issue it that the shell used to run the chroot build
step isn't actually using +h.

Well, now trunk and experimental are sync. Fell free to commit that changes
and don't worry breaking the branch.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia