new makefile scheme

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 28 11:44:23 PDT 2006

El Domingo, 27 de Agosto de 2006 17:17, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    I have almost completed the modifications to the makefile design (I
> have a fresh build running in the background). The only outstanding
> issue left is to add the size statistics back in.
>
>    Once this build finishes I will send you a copy of the LFS
> master.sh/Makefile and you can make comments. If all looks ok I will
> work on the other books.

What is the status of that new Makefile generation?

If it looks that work, maybe the new code should be commit to experimental to
can add the blfs-tool dependencies installation based on that new Makefile
code.

To avoid having a lot of new features mixed in experimental, the "use only
menuconfig" changes can be merged to trunk.

The current blfs-tool support code could be merged also, if needed to keep a
clean experimental tree, commenting-out the required lines in Config.in.

I'm working now in the build scripts for blfs-tool dependencies.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia