jhalfs-x: BLFS scripts

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 22 14:15:49 PDT 2006

El Martes, 22 de Agosto de 2006 23:01, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>
>   BLFS is moving forward quite quickly and there are a question that
> needs answering.

Yeah, the stand-alone tool is almost ready.

There is yet some small issues that need be fixed, and maybe to add a
"settings agreement" after parsing configuration, but all are aestethical
issues.

>   1. Should we recommend this script only be used on {c,h}lfs
> installations. {no liability for messing up an existing system)

Actually we should to recommend the same host than the BLFS book version used
is targeting. Using CLFS or HLFS host is for most avanced users that know
where to find additional required patches and what book commands need be
modified.

Using the tool on a non-xLFS host is oly for true gurus ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia