jhalfs-x: BLFS scripts

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 22 14:01:15 PDT 2006

Manuel,

  BLFS is moving forward quite quickly and there are a question that
needs answering.

  1. Should we recommend this script only be used on {c,h}lfs
installations. {no liability for messing up an existing system)
  2. If the answer to #1 is "No" how do we deal with existing installed
packages. Should we provide a simple 'sniffer' to create a list software
and versions already installed on a system to prevent overwriting (touch
a file in the TRACKING_DIR) or just let them build and burn.