BLFS package slections

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 22 10:58:02 PDT 2006

El Martes, 22 de Agosto de 2006 00:39, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    Questions:
>    Do we want the user to select a package and a META package at the
> same time.

No.

When selecting a meta-package a lot of additional packages are parsed. For
example, GNOME_FULL will process near 250 packages. Thus has little sense to
select aleatory packages.

>    I am able to parse and set GLOBAL vars for the default dependencies
> and set a single variable as the BUILD_PKG.
>    The code is not pretty but it is not functional.

Great, I will take a look at it.

Also, I will modify ./update-book.sh to can rebuild packages database without
updating the book XML sources. That is needed now to can keep updated the
installed packages info.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia