Change package version?

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 17 11:55:36 PDT 2006

Hi all,

can I ask a quick question please?

I am running today's SVN of JHALFS (I love the new menuconfig BTW) :-)

I would like to build a new version of LFS from the latest SVN but I
want to change the kernel to 2.6.17.8 and use some new matching kernel
headers I have just generated from Jim's script over on CLFS.

My question is where to change the package version numbers and at what
stage of the build? Also, when I re-run jhalfs it seems to want to
download the book every time so presumably it will overwrite the package
changes I have made?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan