Jhalfs as a package manager?

David Barron David.Barron at sas.com
Wed Aug 16 08:38:41 PDT 2006

I'm trying my first installation of 6.2 and just became aware of jhalfs.  I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.  Aside from a few MD5 sum's not matching for m4, udev-config and lfs-bootscripts it's worked beautifully.

Seems that it's building the development book instead of the stable book though.  Is that right or did I do something to tell it too?

It occurs to me that with a simple internal database of what version of each package it has installed and an external database of more recent versions to compare against, jhalfs could become the long-searched-for package manager for lfs.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system you can begin slapping me around for my cheek.  :)