jhalfs and kernel tree

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 15 08:12:40 PDT 2006

El Martes, 15 de Agosto de 2006 16:33, Csaba Henk escribió:

> I find this annoying -- usually people keep around kernel sources so
> that they can compile third party stuff against it or modules which were
> disabled at the time of building the kernel image.

> Could you have an option which implies that the source tree won't be
> deleted?

That implies that the kernel sources should be moved to /usr/src with the
right ownership. That is done only when building HLFS due that the commands
to do that are actually in the book.

If you can convince the LFS and CLFS teams to use similar kernel build
instructions than HLFS, then jhalfs will keep the kernel tree by default.

Another option is to edit the Makefile to replace the lines that deletes the
kernel tree by commands to place it elsewhere.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia