jhalfs and kernel tree

Csaba Henk csaba-ml at creo.hu
Tue Aug 15 07:33:51 PDT 2006

Hi,

AFAICS when I use jhalfs with kernel build enabled, jhalfs treats the
kernel the same way as the rest of the packages, that is, the source
tree is removed when the build terminates.

I find this annoying -- usually people keep around kernel sources so
that they can compile third party stuff against it or modules which were
disabled at the time of building the kernel image.

Could you have an option which implies that the source tree won't be
deleted? (In fact, there could be such an option for each package --
eg., if I was to hack glibc, it would cool then that I don't have to
restart the whole build when I modify something. But for now, I'd be
happy with having the kernel sources kept around.)

Csaba