BLFS TODO package tracking.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 15 02:28:33 PDT 2006

El Martes, 15 de Agosto de 2006 03:37, George Boudreau escribió:

>   Some packages do not match.. x7app x7lib do not exist in general.ent
> and neither do the meta packages. (eg kde-full, gnome-full.. )

Xorg7 build is a nightmare that will be very hard to fix, if fixing it is
possible at all :-/

About meta-packages the version issue don't look a big problem to me. GNOME
and KDE packages are often updated in block in the book, thus an installation
update will involve all related packages.

Plus, I think that the "Update installed packages" option could work as a
"Don't drop already installed packages" function. That should be more easy to
implement and could reinstall some installed packages that depends on the
updated ones, if the target depends on they also. If some installed package
don't need to be reinstalled, is easy for the user to remove their build
script before generating the Makefile.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia