BLFS TODO package tracking.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 14 14:23:26 PDT 2006

El Lunes, 14 de Agosto de 2006 22:47, M.Canales.es escribió:

More about that.

The tracking file could named as the package and contain the version.

A parser will be need to extract the version from general.ent (hopping that
the entities names matches the XML file names, not verified yet)

When generating Config.in the tracking files are checked. If a package is
installed and have the same then the book, is skipped. I the version differ
the packge is showed adding into ( ) the installed version.

Then, we can add a check book to set if, when selecting the new target
package, the dependant packages that have a newer version available must be
updated or not.

Check box for the dependencies level a sudo usage need be added also.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia